Our plan to make sure everyone can get basic dental care, regardless of their age, jobs status, or income. Too many people suffer because they can't afford a trip to the dentist. It doesn't have to be this way.
Oral Health in EML
- 23% of schools in St Thomas and Elgin were classified as high risk in 2013-14 based on dental decay among students in grade 2;
- Urgent dental care needs were identified in 11% of all students in grade 2 who were screened in Elgin St. Thomas;
- Urgent dental care needs have increased over time in parts of the county where access to dental care is described as difficult.
- Within the Southwest LHIN, more than 250 kids under five have day surgery every year for dental treatment that could have been prevented with regular dental visits. On average, these surgeries cost our system about $1400 each.
- Every 3 minutes, someone visits a doctor's office or emergency room in Ontario to get care for a dental problem
- Oral health affects more than just our smiles - it's linked to heart health and so much more
- With the Dental Care for Everyone plan, every Ontarian will access dental benefits either through work, or with their health card
- To learn more about our Dental Plan plan, read more here
Do you like this post?