- Do I live in London North Centre?
- Do I have to join the NDP to vote for Amanda?
- How much does a membership cost? How can I pay?
- If I join the NDP, do I have to vote NDP in the election?
- Will my membership status be public?
- Am I eligible to vote in the nomination?
- Can I vote online like in the leadership election?
- When is the meeting?
- Can I come to the meeting even if I can't vote?
If your place of residence falls within the boundaries of London North Centre, then you can likely help put Amanda on the ballot!
You can see a larger version of the riding map or read a description of the boundaries on the London North Centre page on the Elections Ontario website.
You can find out for sure whether you live in London North Centre by using the "Find An Electoral District" tool on the Elections Ontario website. You'll just have to enter your postal code to see which riding you live in.
Important note: the boundaries have changed slightly since the last provincial election in 2014. Particularly if you live in one of these areas, your riding may have changed:
- West of Wonderland between Oxford Street and the Thames
- East of Maitland Street between the CN Railway and the Thames
Yes, you do have to be a member of the NDP to vote in the nomination and help put Amanda on the ballot in the next election.
When it comes to the election, of course, you don't have to be a member of a political party to vote.
By the same token, being a member of a party does not mean you have to vote in the election for that party's candidate.
No. I understand that you might not be sure who you're going to vote for (after all, full platforms haven't been released yet) but that you want to make sure you have great options on your ballot.
I hope to earn your vote as the NDP candidate, but you can still vote for anyone you choose in the election.
No. Your party membership is not a matter of public record.
Within the party, membership lists are treated as strictly confidential. Nobody is permitted to reveal another person's past or present membership status.
To vote in the nomination and help put Amanda on the ballot, you must meet the following criteria:
- Live in London North Centre
- Be a member of the NDP
- Be at least 13 years old
- Attend the nomination meeting to vote
There is no online voting for the nomination. Anyone who wants to help choose the candidate will need to come to the nomination meeting. All voting is done in person by secret ballot.
To be notified when the details of the nomination meeting are set, please sign up to receive updates.
Yes! Please do!
The meeting is a public event and there will be a great featured speaker. Please come and enjoy the opportunity to hang out with some fantastic Londoners!